Living in Ireland we all have our own recipe for Irish stew. You know the one that has been passed down from generation to generation each made in slightly a different way. Well here is mine 🙂
4-5 Potatoes Cubed
2-3 Carrots Sliced
1-2 Parsnips Sliced
Handful Pickling Onions peeled and halved (or 2 regular white onions)
250g Mince Beef
Beef Stock Cube/stock pot
- Brown off the minced beef in a frying pan. This only takes a few moments. Add the meat into a large saucepan.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions to the saucepan along with the meat. Cover with water and add the beef stock cube or stock pot.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer and cook for 30-40 mins until the vegetables and potatoes are cooked through.
- Thicken up with the gravy powder.
- Served with brown sauce and crusty bread.
You could also add in a can of Guinness if you wanted before thickening – it gives the stew a delicious depth.
Or try the delicious recipe from Aberdeens Kitchen which is phenomenal!